The “Computer Networks Foundations – Best Starter Course ” is an excellent starting point for anyone looking to delve into the world of computer networking. This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental concepts, principles, and protocols of computer networks.
It covers the basics of network architecture, communication models, network topologies, and network devices, including routers, switches, and hubs.
Participants will also learn about the TCP/IP protocol suite, network security, and the OSI model. The course is designed to be interactive, with practical exercises and quizzes to reinforce the concepts learned. By the end of the course, participants will have a strong foundation in computer networking and be able to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios.
Computer Networks Foundations – Best Starter Course  Course Description
This course aims to provide you with a simplified overview of Computer Networks, applications in public safety, and corresponding system components using simplified explanations of all components, clear diagrams, and use cases.
We will be covering the following topics in this course:
- How does the Internet work?
- Map of Internet
- Network System Components
- What is an OSI & TCP/IP model?
- Difference between IP and MAC addresses?
- IPv4 & IPv6
- Transport Layer Protocols (TCP vs UDP)
- Routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Web Security Protocols (TLS, SSL, HTTPS)
- Basic Networking Commands (Windows)
- Basic Networking Commands (Linux)
- Public Safety Network Design
This is the first version of this course and it will be updated as we continue to witness the evolution of the Internet. My goal is to ensure people from all over the world are able to learn the fundamentals of computer network systems and apply the same in their journey.
You will benefit from this course if:
- You have a genuine interest in improving your understanding of Computer Networks
- You want to learn and master networking concepts and corresponding systems
- You want to learn how companies across the world are deploying these networks and corresponding components
- You are preparing for an upcoming interview as a system, network, or telecom engineer
Hope you will enjoy this course!